Boyd and Martha Stone
Boyd and Martha Stone were running tent meetings in Southern California while Boyd was employed by the U.S. Post Office. They both felt a call to go to a place where there was no Pentecostal work. One day, when Martha was fasting and praying, God spoke to her and said, “I want you to go to Goldendale, Washington and start a work. There are no Pentecostal people in the whole county.” After finding it to be true, they transferred Boyd’s job and moved to Goldendale on May 20, 1930.
 
They started meetings in the grange for three weeks, from May of 1930 to June of 1930. They handed out Gospel tracks as far as Bickleton and saw a lot of interest and many baptized in the Holy Spirit. The meetings then moved to Snively Funeral Parlor for 18 months on the west end of Main Street from June of 1930 to November of 1931.  During this time, church-goers could look through the curtains during the service and see the new caskets in the other room. The first water baptism was in the Columbia River in July 1930, and the first communion service was at Snively Funeral Home with Evangelists Harry Warwick and Arden Ragsdale. Popular songs early on were “Yes, I Know,” “In the Cross (near the cross),” “Redeemed,” “I’m Going There,” and “In the Sweet Bye and Bye.”
 
The Original Church
In 1931, they started to look for a building to use as a permanent place of worship. They found a building off Woodland Rd. for sale for $500. The Stones prayed and asked God how much to offer and He told them $85, which was accepted, with $10 down and $5 per month. They also bought some land near the Stones house that had been used as a dump ground to put the building on. It was owned by a lawyer who had refused to rent a hall to them when they started holding meetings. They asked to buy the property from him, but he refused. Again they prayed and asked God how much they should pay for the land and were told $65. They lawyer called and said they could have the land if they paid the taxes against it, which was $65. So they paid $10 down and $5 a month to pay it off. They moved the church into town in 1932, but it had to be cut it in half in order to get it over a bridge. They used the parsonage and an upstairs hall in downtown Goldendale near the JCPenney store while the building was being finished. They met in those two places from November of 1931 to July of 1932. The building was dedicated by Rev. Bogue in July of 1932. At first, the services were only on Sunday afternoons. They also held street meetings on Saturday nights in front of the pool hall.  In 1935, Martha became ill. She and her husband was transferred to Yakima. That same year, the church was signed over to the Assemblies of God. 
 
Velma Lantz, Genevieve Alexander, Eva Radaknosky
From 1935 to 1939, Velma Lantz, Genevieve Alexander, and Eva Radaknosky pastored the church. Velmer Gardner took over the church from 1939 to 1940. Walter Wheeler pastored during 1940. From 1943 to 1945, Ward Woods served as pastor, followed by Alanzo Burfield from 1945 to 1946. In 1946, Preston Worrel became pastor and stayed until 1950. After Preston Worrel left, Clifford Hobson took over from 1950 to 1954.
Kenneth Gregg and Family
 
In 1954, Kenneth Gregg became pastor. During this time the parsonage was in the church itself, but due to size constraints it was decided that the building needed expanding and a building fund was started. In 1955, a new parsonage was purchased. Kenneth Gregg left in 1960, and was followed by Don Foster until 1965. In 1962, the building plans for an addition and remodeling were drawn up and a year later the foundation was laid for an addition.  
 
Church On Chatfield
From 1965 to 1972, Carroll Cline was pastor. In 1967, the new addition was finished and started being used for services until the new sanctuary was finished being remodeled. It was opened and dedicated on September 30, 1968. 
 
In 1972, the church hired Leonard Peugh, who remained here until 1976. On October 27, 1975, the mortgage was burned. 
 
From 1976 to 1982 Ron McCullough was pastor.  In 1976 the parsonage was sold and the current parsonage was purchased in 1978. Due to the continued growth five acres were purchased on Columbus Avenue in 1976 and were completely paid off in August of 1982. In 1977 Dove TV Ministry was started. In 1978 a studio was built and in January 1981 a receiver was added in order to start broadcasting twenty-four hours a day.
 
Johnson, Cline, Peugh, Foster, Gregg
From July of 1982 till 1985, John Johnson pastored. In October of 1982, the church celebrated its 50th
anniversary with five of the former pastors attending. In February of 1983, Richard Dahlberg was hired as the Associate Pastor in charge of music and youth ministries. During this time, the congregation outgrew their building. On Sunday, July 31, 1983, 182 people gathered for a ground breaking for the new church building on Columbus Ave. Site preparation happened until the end of October. Then the structural building phase began on November 1. While the new building was being constructed, the church was so full that there were two Sunday morning services with a Sunday school service in the middle. Also during this time, classes had to meet at Ted’s Family restaurant, the Korner Kitchen, a vacant furniture store, and a private home in order to have enough room. Services began to be held in the Columbus Ave. building in 1985.
 
The Current Church Building
From 1985 to 1998, Dennis Huenefeld pastored. From 1986 to 1989, James Cotman served as youth leader, followed by A.L. from 1990 to 1997. In 1997, she was called by God to go to M. as a missionary and is currently still there as a missionary supported by this church. From 1997 to 1999, Julie and Mike Hook took over youth leadership. John and Cathy Poisel served as youth leaders from 1999 to 2001. Alex Gorrod was hired as the Associate Pastor in charge of youth in October of 2002, and still serves in that capacity. In 1998, Kevin Gerchak became the senior pastor and remains to this day. Under his leadership, the back half of the building was finished, the current church’s mortgage was paid off, an additional ten acres were purchased adjoining the current church property, the parking lot was extended, and a second parsonage was purchased for our Youth/Associate Pastors.